Thursday, May 22, 2008

PSA : Update/Background Info

Dear Friends,

I think I have done a poor job explaining this program and what we're doing here. I kind of got behind in my posts, so I just skipped over all of that stuff. Ok, so this is a Burch Field Research Seminar, which is a little different from a lot of other study abroad programs in that we do not actually study at a university here. A professor from UNC, Sarah Shields, and her husband, William, have taken a group of 10 UNC students to research and study the history of Turkey and examine cultural identity. We live in an awesome flat and the boys live right next door. Here are some pictures of it. The first is the entrance/our kitchen table, the second is our kitchen, and the third is my bedroom. And as an update, Edward made it to Istanbul! He arrived on Monday night with many stories from London. Also, PLEASE take a look at my other Turkey pictures - you can see a link on the right hand side of the blog. I've done a poor job updating that too - as you can see we are pretty busy here! But, I'm trying to keep up with it. I take about 100-300 pictures a day (or at least have been for the past few days) so it takes a good amount of time just to get them on my computer, much less edit and post them on the Internet! Anyways, you can also check out my other cohorts' blogs, whose links are on the right hand side also (along with Catherine Coley's). Anyways, just thought I should give you a little update.

No comments: